If there is anyone out there who is absolutely shit at naming like me, Behind the Name has a great tool.
"Yes, we know, they have an awesome name generator!" I hear you say.
They also have a “Name Themer.” It is delightful. You can theme your names based on whatever - strength, beauty, mother, son, yellow, orange, big, small, names associated with flowers or the ocean or astronomy or whatever. It’s hella.
((posted this on the old blog but i cant find it. heres the strokes i use to write in alternian - obviously i dont write it as neat as that (esp when im writin as vriska!) heres for all you folks interested :DD))
Eplans.com is a website that sells blueprints for houses.
This might not seem that helpful but if you want a characters house you can make selections based on what sort of house you want them to live in.
Then browse through the results and find the house you want. Then you can view the blueprints and have a room layout for that house, which can help with visualising the space they live in.
It makes describing generic homes so much easier.
A glorious fuck-ton of perspective angle references (per request).
[From various sources.]
- Perspectives Tutorial by DerSketchie
- TUTO - male reference pose by the-evil-legacy
- tuto - women ref poses by the-evil-legacy
- Foreshortening Practice by Bambs79
- How to Draw Manga vol. IV - Dressing You Characters in Casual Wear
- HUMAN PROPORTION: SIMPLIFYING THE FIGURE USING GEOMETRIC FORM AND GESTURE by The Helpful Art Teacher
- Basic comic interpretation - different camera angle by diaemyung
- Foreshortening tips by scruffyronin
This is amazing!
OH MY GOSH
Here for this
whoever did this I love you
THIS IS STUNNINH
Please tell me if any of the links aren’t workingFaces:Hair:Bodies:Clothes and Accessories:Creatures:Animals/insects:Objects:Nature/Food:Colours:Other:
MASTERLIST OF SPANISH SLANG TERMS ~
This is based of this other wonderful masterlist based on French slang terms. There aren't many people out there who rp characters that are Spanish or have Spanish background; but this masterlist is essentially in case someone would want to roleplay those kinds of characters or have their character be learning Spanish. Or maybe you just want to learn some Spanish slang, it's all cool. I'm Spanish myself so I'd say I have a pretty good idea of this. Also reminder that Spanish slang (as in from Spain) may have nothing to do with the Spanish you'd find in places from Latin America since they have different cultures and even words. Anyways, here we go:
- 'Hola' - Hi / hello.
- 'Buenos días' - Good morning.
- 'Buenas tardes' - Good afternoon.
- 'Buenas noches' - Good night.
- '¿Qué tal?' - How are you?
- 'Vale / De acuerdo' - Agreement.
- 'Dios mío' - (Oh) my God.
- 'Genial' - Cool.
- 'Increíble' - Awesome.
- '¿Qué?' - What?
- '¿Por qué?' - Why?
- '¿Estás seguro?' - Are you sure?
- 'Vaya disparate' - That’s nonsense.
- '¡Para!' - Stop!
- '¡¿Qué haces?!' - What are you doing?!
- 'Adiós' - Goodbye / Bye.
- 'Ten cuidado' - Be careful.
- 'Cuídate' - Take care.
SLANG AND ABREVIATURES YOU'D USE
- 'Chaval' - Dude. / 'ese tío/chaval' - That dude.
- 'Chavala' - Chick. / ‘esa tía/chavala’ - That chick.
- 'Morir de risa' - Dying of laughter.
- ‘Mearse de risa’ - Pissing of laughter.
- 'Poli(cía)' - Police / Cops.
- 'Insti(tuto)' - High school.
- 'Uni(versidad)' - University
- 'No tengo pasta' - I’ve got no money.
- 'Un madero' - A police man / A cop.
- 'Niñato / Niñata' - Bratty kid.
- 'Q / K / Qe / Ke' (Que) - What.
- 'X' (Por) - So?
ROMANTIC THINGS AND STUFF
- 'Te amo' - I love you.
- 'Te quiero' - * There’s no word in English to translate this since it’d be said as I love you too but ‘Te quiero’ would mean less than ‘Te amo’.
- 'Te adoro / Me encantas' - I adore you.
- 'Te quiero a ti / Te deseo' - I want you / I desire you.
- 'Mi amor' - My love.
- 'Amor' - Love.
- 'Mi niña' - My baby girl.
- 'Mi niño' - My baby boy.
- 'Cariño' - Honey / Love / Dear / Baby / Babe.
- 'Preciosa / Guapa' - Beautiful.
- 'Precioso / Guapo' - Handsome.
- '(Mi) Princesa' - (My) Princess.
- '(Mi) Principe' - (My) Prince.
- '(MI) Reina' - (My) Queen.
- '(Mi) Rey' - (My) King.
- 'Novio' - Boyfriend.
- 'Novia' - Girlfriend.
- 'Prometido' - Fiance.
- 'Prometida' - Fiancée.
- 'Marido / Esposo' - Husband.
- 'Mujer / Esposa' - Wife.
- 'Mi pareja' - My partner (unisex).
INSULTING AND CURSING
- '¡Idiota!' - Idiot!
- 'Estúpido' - Stupid. (male) / ‘Estúpida’ - Stupid (female).
- 'Mierda' - Shit.
- 'Tonto / Tonta' - Dumb.
- 'Tonto/Tonta del culo' - Dumbass.
- 'Gilipollas' - You dick / jerk / idiot / asshole.
- 'Joder' - Fuck.
- 'Que te jodan / que te follen' - Fuck you.
- 'Puta / guarra / zorra' - Bitch.
- 'Friki' - Freak.
- 'Subnormal / Anormal' - There’s no direct words in English but it’d be like calling someone even more dumb than dumb itself.
- 'Me cago en Dios' - No words for this in English but translated literally would be shitting on God. So the closest translation as swearing would be fucking God.
- 'Me cago en todo' - As I said above, literal translation would be shitting on everything. But the closest translation as swearing would be fuck everything.
- 'Puta mierda' - Fucking shit.
- Add 'de mierda' to whatever you think is crappy or shitty. Like for example: Shitty food = ‘Comida de mierda’.
These would be most principal ones but there are more, actually. If you have any doubts you can come to askbox and I'll most definitely answer you.
I love how Tumblr teaches us how to be perfect criminals.
Also, if you’re burying a full body, make sure you bury them vertically. Satellites orbiting earth look for holes that are approx. 6ft long because that’s suspicious. Ideally though, drain your body of fluids in a tub ((mix fluids with bleach and let them soak before draining and take precautions to keep your house from smelling like death from your sink and whatnot. Draining the body also keeps decomp at bay a bit and makes it easier to portion)) and cut it to bits. It’s easier to bury a head than a whole body, and takes less time so you don’t have to tell your neighbors, “Oh, I’m night gardening!”
Also, if a dog happens across it, it’s more likely it will devour a single body part than all of your ex-husband.
Another method is to put it into a septic tank. They’re a plethora of bacteria, and the smell of waste covers the smell of decomposition very well.
You should also destroy all teeth, massacre the face and burn fingerprints/remove finger tips to keep from identifying by anything other than DNA.
…I didn’t come up with these ideas, just what I’ve gleaned from reading on the internet.
i used to joke about Tumblr teaching us how to get away with murder, but fuck, man
the thing is when i see this i want to go kill a man just because i have the knowledge
Remember when you’re at the crime scene to wipe down all surfaces and then take the victims hands and touch things with them. Pick up cups and run the hands along table tops. A room with zero fingerprints is very suspicious.
If you live near the ocean you can drain the body and cut up the cadaver into small pieces then mix it all together with fish parts and dispose of it easily by pretending to chum the water for fish and sharks. Actually do chum the water a bit before dumping in your victim to be sure there are plenty of hungry fish around. Stick around and fish for a while so anyone who happens to see you won’t get suspicious. This way you don’t have any body parts lying around waiting to be dug up and identified. Plus you might catch a marlin or something.
PLUS YOU MIGHT CATCH A MARLIN
I AFDGFHGKJHKHGFDSF I AM DONE
Don’t forget that the chances of being caught are greatly reduced if you murder someone who has no connection to you at all. Most murderers end up killing someone they know in some fashion, so they’re easily caught. Serial killers kill at random, hence why they can kill a lot before they screw up.
I am not a serial killer, honest.
I am seriously concerned for all of you
please don’t judge me for tagging this for future reference, IT’S FOR PURELY FICTIONAL PURPOSES OK
I’M PRETTY SURE THE NEXT TIME I SEE THIS POST, ADVICE ON BURYING BODIES WILL ADD UP UNTIL IT SUFFICES TO BE COMPILED AS A HANDBOOK
How to kill a bitch: a guide by tumblr
The tutorial of how I achieve watercolor effect in Sai! :) I highly recommend using real watercolor paintings (your own or ones found on the internet) as reference.
And here you can find a few useful links:
- You can download the Sai file of this picture here: link
- Video process of painting another picture: link
- The old watercolor tutorial: link
- Sai brushes (none of them is made by me) link + file you need to open them in Sai: link
- Awesome watercolor brushes made by Kyle T Webster: link
Here’s the finished painting: link
We are always told to use body language in our writing. Sometimes, it’s easier said than written. I decided to create these cheat sheets to help you show a character’s state of mind. Obviously, a character may exhibit a number of these behaviours. For example, he may be shocked and angry, or shocked and happy. Use these combinations as needed.